Life as a
Life as a
Discover what makes working as a Self-Employed Yodel Driver so exciting.
- Hear about our supportive culture and how you’re made to feel like part of the team.
- Learn about the great earning potential.
- Gain an insight into what life on the road is really like. From owning your schedule and growth opportunities, to the joys of being out and about all day rather than being stuck in an office.
So, meet Tania and let our Self-Employed Drivers tell you themselves why they chose to join Yodel and why they love their job.
Meet Elena, a Self-Employed Driver
Meet Elena, a
Originally from Romania, Elena was previously a primary school teaching assistant and responsible for running a housekeeping team in a hotel – both roles she found time-consuming, exhausting and stressful.
Elena was recommended to her role at Yodel by her brother-in-law as with two children, one still at home and one off to university, he thought being a Self-Employed Driver would be a more flexible and less stressful option for her. He was right.
Almost a year later and Elena hasn’t looked back. She loves the control she has by being her own boss. She loves meeting people and delivering parcels they’re excited to receive. She loves the freedom of being outside, the changing seasons and the landscape. Elena says it is hard work at times and being organised is really important. But now she’s learnt the ropes and is up and running, she wouldn’t change it for the world.
We’re proud to say we’ve gained a fair bit of recognition over the years and our fair share of awards. Even more reasons why you should choose to join us as a self-employed driver.
- Driver Excellence award at the Microlise Driver of the Year awards.
- Yodel wins Best B2B Customer Experience Silver award at the UK Customer Experience Awards.
- Yodel wins in Freight Transport category at the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport awards for innovation including the Driver app, Customer app and Solo tracking solution.
Yodel wins four awards at the Institute of Courier Awards including:
- Step Change Award: Store to Store and Store to Door Send Services - Yodel Direct
- Working Together Award: Nigel and Angela Salt
- Courier Award: Robert Boyle
- Office Award: Craig Burton